Position Summary: Dallas Market Center is in search of a creative, and energetic hands-on Creative Events Manager who will support the V.P. of Visual & Events with company goals and initiatives, create framework and establish creative direction for signature events, and assist in the planning and production of special events, including, but not limited to: cocktail parties and on-site awards presentations. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and exhibit exemplary customer service and superb communications skills.
Position Description (Italics reflect performance appraisal criteria):
· Conceives of and conceptualizes themes, color stories, décor for all events, and executes them from design concept to final touches.
· Works with in-house electrical, carpentry, and A/V teams as well as outside resources as needed.
· Acts as liaison between freelance events producer and internal team, ensuring timeliness, creative consistency, and efficiency with large-scale signature events
· Coordinates efforts and ensures collaboration between visual and events teams
· Presents creative ideas and solutions in the interest of continuous improvement and elevation
· Assists in planning and preparing for special events
· Researches trends and creative ideas for events
· Plans Bridal and Men’s Market parties, Western parties, as well as other receptions, on-site awards presentations, and market events
· Maintains organized Prop Rooms; keeps inventory current for all event décor and furniture
· Works closely with Market Events Coordinator to ensure signage, catering, event promotion, and accounting needs are met
· Other related duties as assigned.
· Associates Degree, but Bachelor’s Degree in Event Management/Marketing/Fashion Merchandising is a plus.
· 3-4 years’ experience Event Planning and/or Production
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
· Office Environment- Ability to sit for vast majority of work shift
· Market Activities – Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
· This position is very active with a great deal of time spent walking between floors
· Must be able to lift 40lbs.
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Conflict Management: Seek to resolve any confrontations, disagreements, or complaints in a constructive manner
· Creative Thinking: Develop solutions and ideas that fit the needs of your departmental projects. We encourage innovative thinking related to challenges.
· Customer Focus: Have a customer-first mentality at all times and constantly consider ways to better the overall customer service experience.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Problem Solving: Be aware that with a creative field comes the opportunity for readjustment. Recognize and define problems and work to find alternate solutions.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).
Dallas Market Center
2100 Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207