Position Summary: Dallas Market Center is in search of a creative, and energetic hands-on Creative Events Manager who will support the V.P. of Visual & Events with company goals and initiatives, create framework and establish creative direction for signature events, and assist in the planning and production of special events, including, but not limited to: cocktail parties and on-site awards presentations. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and exhibit exemplary customer service and superb communications skills.
Position Description (Italics reflect performance appraisal criteria):
· Conceives of and conceptualizes themes, color stories, décor for all events, and executes them from design concept to final touches.
· Works with in-house electrical, carpentry, and A/V teams as well as outside resources as needed.
· Acts as liaison between freelance events producer and internal team, ensuring timeliness, creative consistency, and efficiency with large-scale signature events
· Coordinates efforts and ensures collaboration between visual and events teams
· Presents creative ideas and solutions in the interest of continuous improvement and elevation
· Assists in planning and preparing for special events
· Researches trends and creative ideas for events
· Plans Bridal and Men’s Market parties, Western parties, as well as other receptions, on-site awards presentations, and market events
· Maintains organized Prop Rooms; keeps inventory current for all event décor and furniture
· Works closely with Market Events Coordinator to ensure signage, catering, event promotion, and accounting needs are met
· Other related duties as assigned.
· Associates Degree, but Bachelor’s Degree in Event Management/Marketing/Fashion Merchandising is a plus.
· 3-4 years’ experience Event Planning and/or Production
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
· Office Environment- Ability to sit for vast majority of work shift
· Market Activities – Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
· This position is very active with a great deal of time spent walking between floors
· Must be able to lift 40lbs.
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Conflict Management: Seek to resolve any confrontations, disagreements, or complaints in a constructive manner
· Creative Thinking: Develop solutions and ideas that fit the needs of your departmental projects. We encourage innovative thinking related to challenges.
· Customer Focus: Have a customer-first mentality at all times and constantly consider ways to better the overall customer service experience.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Problem Solving: Be aware that with a creative field comes the opportunity for readjustment. Recognize and define problems and work to find alternate solutions.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).