Position Summary: Maintains HVAC systems and related equipment to ensure maximum performance
Position Description (Italics reflect performance appraisal criteria):
· Performs repairs, service and preventative maintenance on HVAC and electrical equipment
· Repairs and/or replaces common area lighting as needed
· Maintains sound operational and repair knowledge of all electrical and pneumatic controls relating to HVAC equipment
· Maintains accurate records of equipment condition; effectively evaluates future equipment
· Responds to exhibitor requests in an efficient and courteous manner
· Other related duties as assigned
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· HVAC service training
· 1-3 years of related repairs and maintenance experience
· Ability to troubleshoot HVAC (electronic and pneumatic) and electrical systems
· Lift up to 50 lbs
· Stand, walk or climb ladder/stairs for majority of work shift
· Work at heights up to 75ft in man-lifts
· Work in weather elements up to 25% of the time
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood
· Customer Focus: Adapts and maintains a customer-focus mindset that acknowledges the importance and value of the customer, and acts accordingly.
· Decisiveness: Assesses risks and takes the appropriate actions needed to achieve work-unit objectives within appropriate time frames.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Team Building: Builds cohesive and productive work teams, either as part of the work unit or within the organization.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).