Position Description (Italics reflect performance appraisal criteria):
· Perform all preventative maintenance to HVAC and mechanical equipment
· Perform basic repairs and/or assist with the repairs and maintenance to remainder of the facilities’ equipment
· Ability to work weekends as needed with varied hours and days
· High School diploma or equivalent
· 4yrs minimum hands on experience
· Electrical, HVAC, Pneumatics and Pumps
· Experience working at varying levels of height
· Valid Texas Driver’s License
· Ability to work on a scissor lift or boom lift at heights of 6ft or greater
· Ability to climb stairs, climb and work on A-frame ladders, extension ladders or scaffolds at heights of 6ft or greater
· Ability to push, pull and lift 75lbs
· Ability to stand, squat and sit for extended periods of time in all types of weather and climate conditions
· Ability to wear and work in various types of Personal Protection Devices and Equipment
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment and schedule in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects and events “on course.”
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).