Protective Services Assistant Supervisor-3rd Shift
Department: Protective Services
Date Posted: 10/17/2013
Ensure safety and protection of all people and assetson DMC property and manage 3rd shift officers in absence of the Sr. Supervisor.
· Effectively ensures the safety and protection of the DMC, it's employees, exhibitors, buyers, visitors and their accompanying assets ;provides First Aid and/or CPR to injured or ill persons as needed
· Ensures that accurate and thorough documentation is completedand approved at the end of the assigned shift (departmental forms, incident reports, access logs, vehicle check lists, etc.)
· Schedules manpower appropriately for the assigned shift; maintains and approves time in attendance records
· Provides continual training and guidance to officers and staff
· Assists Sr. Supervisor in managing the department's human resources including interviewing, hiring, counseling, supervision, etc.
· Patrols DMC property by foot and by vehicle to ensure the safety of building/property occupants
· Prepares written reports on incidents as they occur
· Other related duties as assigned
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· 3-5 years of customer service, security, ormilitary experience
· 1-2 years of previous management experience
· Valid Texas Driver’s license with minimal accidentsor traffic violations
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Walk, sit, and stand during work day
· Communication: Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues. Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood.
· Conflict Management: Anticipates or seeks to resolve confrontations, disagreements, or complaints in a constructive manner.
· Decisiveness: Assesses risks and takes the appropriate actions needed to achieve work-unit objectives within appropriate time frames.
· Evaluation: Monitors work-unit programs, evaluates outcomes, and improves organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
· Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
· Integrity: Firmly adheres to a code of moral values; is honest and forthright in actions and words.
· Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities, and interests of others.
· Leadership: Identifies and adapts leadership style to situations and people; demonstrates high standards of behavior; empowers subordinates; consistently and effectively motivates work unit.
· Management Control: Ensures the integrity of organization or work unit policies, procedures, and processes.
· Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
· ProblemSolving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
· ResourceUtilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
· Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
· Staffing/Performance Management: Evaluates staffing needs and effectively manages the ongoing performance of all staff assigned to the work unit. Communicates regularly and effectively with staff regarding expectations and performance outcomes. Ensure staffing levels areadequate for the work unit.
· TimeManagement: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).