<!-- Inject Script Filtered -->
Combined March Market Is Once-A-Year Opportunity for Buyers
—Bigger Inspiration, Better Buying Opportunities During Blockbuster Show—
DALLAS – March 14, 2017 – The inspiring, once-a-year buying opportunity for retail buyers takes place at Dallas Market Center this month during the combined Apparel & Accessories Market + Total Home & Gift Market, March 22-25. Exhibitors across all categories will showcase thousands of new and best-selling products across fashion, western, kids, gift, holiday, housewares, and home. Expanded showrooms, special events, fashion shows, networking, and educational seminars will help retailers stay competitive for the upcoming selling season.
“March is a critical event for buyers as they discover more new resources across the widest array of categories,” said Cindy Morris, president and CEO of Dallas Market Center. “As more stores offer a lifestyle experience for customers, retail buyers depend upon markets such as this one to help them discover items that will sell.”
The Apparel & Accessories Market is the first look at fall styles plus the chance to order warmer weather items as needed. Among the highlights are SMG Showroom, debuting on the 13th floor of the World Trade Center, and Lucchese, showing on the 14th floor of the World Trade Center. Special additions include Angela Mara showing in Vicki Kutner on 15; Alexander Michael Snyder from Project Runway presenting his collections in Co-Op on 15; Jason Zelcer Showroom and Julian Chang also in Co-Op on 15. In the temps, the 12th and 13th floors are near capacity with leading lines from young contemporary and bridge designers as well as shoe collections in STRUT and western resources on 12. Noteworthy additions in the temps include Julie Vos in SCENE on 13 as well as E Victor Gabriel presenting European collections in SCENE on 13.
Expansions and relocations include Craig Clovis, the luxury multi-line showroom on the 13th floor expanding for March, and Lorren Bell will be showing in a new location on 13; Joseph Ribkoff has new space on 15. In The Territory, the western neighborhood on 14, XOXOart & Co and 3D Belt Company are new for March while David Baker & Associates has taken new space. In the western temps on 12, there any several new exhibitors including Dale Brisby and Nocona. In KidsWorld on the 8th floor, temps include Timex, Peonies and Puddles, Riley and Bella, and Lidsville, while Hudson Jeans and AG Kids are showing in 8096.
In addition, a partnership with the International Folk Art Alliance will result in the premiere of the International Folk Art Market “Four Corners of the World” showcase. Twelve artisans will travel from points around the globe to Dallas in order to exhibit their crafts to thousands of retail buyers attending market. The “Four Corners of the World” exhibit, with a fashion accessories focus, will take place on the 13th floor of the World Trade Center -- home to the largest permanent collection of fashion accessories showrooms in the U.S.
Total Home & Gift Market is the mid-season event offering retailers everything for giving and living, including home accents, furniture, gifts, housewares, gourmet, holiday, and more. Among the highlights:
• Peninsula Home Collection has expanded space on the 10th floor of the World Trade Center
• Light + Design offers retailers and interior designers access to more than 10 major lighting manufacturers in a shared space on the 10th floor adjacent to additional lighting and home décor showrooms
• Numerous showrooms will offer market specials and incentives to place orders while at the showEvents for March include the following highlights:
• International Folk Art Market: Four Corners of the World Cocktail Party, Wednesday at 4:30PM, 13th floor
• Doneger Group Fall 2017 Big Picture Trend Report with David Wolfe, Wednesday at 5:45PM, WTC 1
• Runway Review Fall 2017 fashion Wednesday at 6:00PM, WTC 1 featuring guest designer Katherine Barclay
• Gregor Simmons: Bridge Fall 2017 Trend Report, Thursday at 8:45AM, WTC 1
• Western Trends fashion show, Thursday at 5:45PM, WTC 1 featuring guest designer Tasha Polizzi
• Social Selling seminar with Linley + Lauren, Friday at noon, WTC 12
• Market tours including Discovery Tours with Rawlins on Wednesday and Thursday, and market orientation tours daily at 9:00AM.
For a full list of special events and product offerings, visit the Dallas Market Center website
. Download or update the Dallas Market Center App to stay in touch and in the loop during Market. Also, keep up-to-date on all information by visiting Dallas Market Center on Facebook
, and Snapchat
.About Dallas Market Center
Founded in 1957, Dallas Market Center is the world’s most complete wholesale marketplace. Within its marketplace of more than five million square feet, retailers from around the globe source products ranging from home furnishings, gifts, decorative accessories and lighting to textiles, fashion accessories and men's, western, women's and children's apparel. With more than 50 markets each year attended by more than 200,000 retail buyers from all 50 states and 85 countries, Dallas Market Center offers hundreds of events and seminars geared toward helping retailers expand business and increase profits. The Dallas Market Center website is available at dallasmarketcenter.com