—New Categories, Events, Hospitalities, Marketing Programs Launching for 2018—
DALLAS – October 4, 2017 – Dallas Market Center has announced sweeping updates and improvements to its temporary exhibits taking place in 2018, beginning with The Temps at January Total Home & Gift Market (January 18-21, with Luxe Gift and Home & Design Temps opening January 17). The updates are strategically designed to improve the buying experience for tens of thousands of loyal retailers as well as drive traffic and sales for hundreds of exhibitors. More than 90 percent of Dallas market buyers visit the temps and report their primary motivation is to discover new products.
In order to create an enhanced buying and selling experience, improvements will include remerchandising select categories; launching new categories; creating new spaces for events, displays, and seminars; special giveaways, new food and drink outlets; new promotional events; and new marketing efforts that will maximize the on-site promotion of temporary exhibits and individual exhibitors.
“After extensive feedback from exhibitors and buyers, we will be making significant changes beginning in January and will present more new exhibitors, unique products, new categories, heightened excitement, and an improved experience,” said Kristina Johnson, vice president of tradeshows. “We are working very hard to create something special that will inspire and motivate buyers.”
Among the improvements across the marketplace that will add energy, elevate the show’s environment, and capture the attention of buyers:
• The 12th floor will undergo improvements in booth layout, signage, seating, and food outlets and will also host seminars and buyer hospitalities.
• Launching in January on the 12th floor is Made, a comprehensive section of exhibitors with products that are handmade, artisan, American made, one-of-a-kind, and global designs.
• A special cause-related and charitable giving product section will also launch on the 12th floor, meeting the high demand by buyers for products with a special mission.
• The 13th floor of the World Trade Center will become one stylish destination as the fashion accessories temps unite with women’s apparel temps.
• The 6th floor will continue its momentum as the must-visit destination for temporary home & design exhibitors and will add several new companies in home décor, lighting, textiles, and other decorative elements for the home.
• The Trade Mart atrium has been rebranded as Luxe Gift, and the exhibitor selection will evolve in 2018 to represent the pinnacle of luxury gift and high-style products including candles, personal care, home accents, and more.
• Market Hall will undergo extensive improvements to its design and merchandising as well as new events and promotions. Physical upgrades and improvements to the space will be complemented by an edited selection of exhibitors presenting products in demand by retailers seeking immediate delivery items, furniture, and vintage products. In addition, the launch of a biergarten will create a unique networking and socializing space featuring an unmatched selection of local and craft beers.
• In order to promote the sweeping changes, a new marketing campaign will highlight the temps across all communication channels and will reach tens of thousands of buyers before and during the show. Utilizing video, social media, advertising, signage, and public relations, a steady stream of promotional content will capture buyers’ attention and provide new motivation to visit the temps.
Over the coming weeks additional announcements will highlight the final schedule of events and the increasing number of new exhibitors joining the show as well as returning companies.
Dallas Market Center is located in the strongest economic zone in the U.S., and its Total Home & Gift Markets serve loyal retail buyers and interior designers from across the U.S. and internationally seeking a wide range of products from leading manufacturers and emerging companies.
To make plans for upcoming markets, visit the Dallas Market Center website and download the Dallas Market Center app. Keep up-to-date on all information by visiting Dallas Market Center on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and the DMC Daily Dose.
About Dallas Market Center
Dallas Market Center is a global business-to-business trade center and the leading wholesale marketplace in North America connecting retailers and interior designers with top manufacturers in home décor, furniture, gifts, lighting and fashion. Inside its dynamic, five million square foot campus near downtown Dallas, nearly 200,000 customers from all 50 states and 85 countries seek industry trends, business education and new products via open-daily showrooms and from exhibitors participating in trade events held throughout the year. The Dallas Market Center website is available at dallasmarketcenter.com.