Dallas Market Center Launches Dallas Design Week
—New event brings together leading minds in design education and inspiration—
DALLAS – March 29, 2018 – Dallas Market Center, the largest open-daily home décor marketplace in the country, has announced details for the first edition of Dallas Design Week, April 23-27, 2018, including a full schedule of events, panels, special guests and educational opportunities for the interior design community. Interior designers may register for Dallas Design Week events here
“With thousands of designers visiting our growing design marketplace each month, it is increasingly important for Dallas Market Center to be a center of education, connection, and inspiration,” said Cindy Morris, president and CEO of Dallas Market Center. “We are excited to support the design community by adding Dallas Design Week to our record number of design events for 2018.”
Interior designers will experience a week full of design-centered events such as:
• TAID: Network with the best in the business and earn CEUs at TAID’s Days of Education April 23-24 at 8:30 am in Light + Design on Ten, WTC 10085.
• Dine + Design: Enjoy lunch and a CEU certified presentation featuring Drew McGukin, Julia Molloy, and Nick May on April 24. Vignette viewing begins at 11 am followed by the lunch, presentation, and giveaways at 12 pm on the 6th floor of the World Trade Center.
• BOLD – Just Logistics: Serving boutique model interior design firms, learn more about billing, branding, efficiency, and up-leveling client bases during this two-day workshop, featuring Julia Molloy of BOLD Summit and guest speaker, Mike Peterson. April 24-25, IHDC 1D415. Register here
• Interior Design Meets Real Estate: Explore the boundless, synergistic potential between interior design and real estate with moderator Pierce Allman and panelist Erin Mathews of real estate firm Allie Beth Allman & Associates alongside celebrity designer and panelist, Robin Baron. April 25, 11 am -1:30 pm, The Gallery at IHDC. 11 am – 12 pm, lunch and panel discussion; 12 pm – 1:30 pm, networking reception.
• Elevate Your Brand - A Conversation for Designers: Join D Home magazine and PALECEK for a discussion on how designers can build brand awareness, be featured in media, find the right clientele through strategic marketing, and more. Attendees will hear the latest insights from leading designers and digital mavens Caitlin Wilson and Pulp Design Studios’ founders Beth Dotolo and Carolina Gentry. In addition, Ryan Conner, D Home’s executive editor, will provide insight about effective PR outreach and working with media. Gillea Allison, D Magazine Partners' marketing director will moderate and share creative marketing tactics for attracting the business you want. No RSVP necessary. The panel will wrap up with the opportunity for designers to meet and greet with D Home’s editorial team and expert panelists, share portfolios, seek 1:1 feedback, and network. April 25, 8:30 am – 10:30 am, PALECEK showroom, IHDC 1D201.
• Social Media Roundtable: Learn how to strengthen the connection between your brand and social media channels by increasing engagement, loyalty, and exposure during this interactive panel featuring Nikki Nuckols of Click & Co. and Ginger Curtis of Urbanology Designs. April 26, 11 am – 1:30 pm, In-Detail showroom, WTC 500. 11 am-12 pm, lunch and meeting; 12 pm – 1:30 pm, panel discussion.
• Gatherings at the Gallery – Decadent Designs: Presented by Dallas Market Center and D Home magazine, join us for light bites, the Dallas String Quartet, and signature cocktails while sourcing new furniture, lighting, home accents, and décor inside The Gallery at the Interior Home + Design Center. Enter for a chance to win a $1,000 Flora Street Café gift certificate or fine jewelry valued at $3,000 provided by INTERGEM. April 26, 4 pm, The Gallery at IHDC.
The next edition of Dallas Design Week takes place in September 2018.
Dallas Market Center is the largest open-daily design resource in the U.S. and serves retail buyers and interior designers from across the U.S. and internationally who seek a wide range of home décor products from leading manufacturers and emerging companies. The marketplace features more than 1.2 million square feet of space dedicated to design showrooms of furniture, decorative accessories, floor coverings, wall art, and residential lighting. Dallas Market Center also hosts trade events welcoming tens of thousands of buyers and specialized design events throughout the year attracting thousands of members of the design community.
About Dallas Market Center
Founded in 1957, Dallas Market Center is the world’s most complete wholesale marketplace. Within its marketplace of more than five million square feet, retailers from around the globe source products ranging from home furnishings, gifts, decorative accessories and lighting to textiles, fashion accessories and men's, western, women's and children's apparel. With more than 50 markets each year attended by more than 200,000 retail buyers from all 50 states and 85 countries, Dallas Market Center offers hundreds of events and seminars geared toward helping retailers expand business and increase profits. The Dallas Market Center website is available at dallasmarketcenter.com