—The Debut of the Interior Home + Design Center Plus Special Receptions, Celeb Designers, Seminars on the Smart Home, and More—
DALLAS – June 13, 2017 – When Total Home & Gift Market takes place at Dallas Market Center later this month, the interior design community will experience a record number of new showrooms and special events across the 5 million square foot marketplace to help busy designers review the latest trends, discover new resources, network, and find inspiration.
Dallas Market Center is the largest and most successful design center in the U.S., welcoming thousands of interior designers to its global trade events, including Total Home & Gift Market, in addition to hosting more than 2,000 members of the design community each month visiting an unequaled collection of open-daily showrooms.
On Wednesday, June 21, the Interior Home + Design Center debuts with the grand opening of phase one featuring the largest expansion of home décor showrooms at Dallas Market Center in more than forty years. A private reception hosted by Dallas Market Center and title sponsor ELLE DECOR will commemorate the celebration. Invited guests will enjoy entertainment from DJ Brandon Olds, light bites, a dessert bar, signature cocktail, and champagne. Individual showrooms inside the Interior Home + Design Center will also hold special events creating a celebration throughout the marketplace.
The redesigned mid-century modern building will include many of the most respected home décor companies in the U.S. including Phillips Collection; Palecek; Visual Comfort; Ralph Lauren Home; Bliss Studio; Dessau Home; Emissary; in2green; SHADOW CATCHERS; Ambella Home Collection; ZUO; RATANA; Austin Allen James; ellahome; Spicher and Company; Ashore; Amity Home; The Botanical Mix; Farm & Factory; Robin Baron; Cari Davis; UMTD Bath Design; A Touch of Silk; Cloud9 Design; Zuhaus; Wink Gaines Photography; Lacefield Designs; Lazur Bespoke; Rose Casual; and Taylors, a leading agency of luxury lighting and home décor.
On Thursday, June 22, the Interior Home + Design Center presents a Day of Education geared toward retailers and interior designers seeking insights and inspiration. Among the events:
• A 10:00 a.m. podcast recording session and live social media video broadcast from award winning designer, author, and podcast host of Million Dollar Decorating, James Swan, who will interview special guest Greg O’Neal. Greg is the Chief Collaboration Officer for Cur8, a business co-op bringing
smart design, healthy design, and environmental + socially responsible design products directly to the interior design marketplace.
• At 11:00 a.m. James Swan will also moderate a special panel of celebrity interior design experts. “Three Divas of Design” will include Michelle Nussbaumer, Nancy Price, and Robin Baron.
• Robin Baron is a New York City-based interior designer, lifestyle expert, and home furnishings designer often seen across media as an expert in the stylish art of living. Her eponymous home furnishings collection is debuting in the Interior Home + Design Center.
• Nancy Price is the elegant and forward-thinking owner of a Jackson, Mississippi-based design firm. Her design business and showroom provide clients with careful counsel for design projects as well as curated art, lighting, antiques, custom furniture, and jewelry.
• Michelle Nussbaumer is the creative force behind a global design business as well as a renowned Dallas retail destination, Ceylon et Cie. She is celebrated for her impeccable style, discerning eye, and her depth of knowledge of style history and design.
Following the program Michelle Nussbaumer will sign copies of her new book Wanderlust: Interiors That Bring the World Home, which features dramatically lush interiors from around the globe.
• At noon, Hermes Mallea, AIA, will speak about “Great Houses of Havana.” Mallea will be introduced by Beatriz Ball, founder of the Beatriz Ball Collection. From Beaux Arts palaces, modern mansions, Spanish Colonial and even beach houses, Mallea explores the rich, sophisticated, and varied history of Havana architecture and interior design. Mallea’s book, Great Houses of Havana: A Century of Cuban Style (The Monacelli Press), is available from local bookstores and online.
• At 3:30 p.m. learn from the pros, Toma Clark Haines, The Antiques Diva, and Daniel Larsson, one of Sweden's top resources for antiques. This dynamic duo will teach you the ways of how to look for and purchase Swedish antiques.
Also on Thursday, World Trade Center floors 9, 10, and 11 host a Progressive Party from 2:00 – 4:15 p.m. Move through the floors in 45 minute increments and enjoy decade-themed music, unique cocktails, treats, and exciting giveaways on each floor beginning on WTC 9, then WTC 10, and concluding on WTC 11. The floors are a premier design destination featuring more than 60 showrooms catering to interior designers with a wide range of interior and exterior home décor resources and unmatched customer service.
On Friday, June 23, “A Taste of Design on Ten” will bring an entire day of events to the 10th floor of the World Trade Center. The schedule is as follows:
• 8:30 – 10:00 a.m.: Breakfast and Mimosas in Uttermost (WTC 10021)
• 12 – 1 p.m.: Wine & Cheese in Aidan Gray (WTC 10009)
• 3 – 4 p.m.: Glass of Bubbly in Peninsula Home Collection (WTC 10011)
• 5 – 6 p.m.: Sips and Bites in Currey & Co. (WTC 10000)
“We are rolling out the red carpet in June,” said Cindy Morris, president and CEO of Dallas Market Center.
“Designers will want to plan ahead to see all of the stylish new resources and special events we are presenting to inspire, educate, and help them succeed. Across the World Trade Center, Trade Mart, and the new Interior Home + Design Center, and only during market, will we have the products, the people, the events, and the energy that will support a design community that continues to grow.”
In addition to hospitality and receptions, Light + Design on Ten, located in WTC 10085, will feature an exclusive Designers’ Lounge in cooperation with ASID-Texas and IDS. The lounge will be a comfortable, quiet location to review schedules and plan orders. Light + Design on Ten is the open-daily shared showroom staffed by Dallas Market Center offering custom space for residential lighting companies including Hinkley Lighting, Holtkoetter, John-Richard, Hubbardton Forge, Kuzco, Varaluz, Frederick Ramond, Lucas-McKearn, illuminFX, St. James Lighting, and Galilee Lighting.
Technology will be a special focus for interior designers during Total Home & Gift Market. Available for review throughout market will be a pop-up, interactive exhibit in the Interior Home + Design Center of innovative products and home technology courtesy of Cur8. The exhibit in 1F446 will showcase tomorrow’s design—smart, healthy, socially responsible products brought together by Cur8 for retailers and interior designers. The cur8.com marketplace will debut online this summer as a comprehensive destination for “what’s next” in design.
Also of interest to interior designers is the Lightovation Speaker Series on the Connected/Smart Home taking place on Thursday, June 22 in the Trade Mart. Presented in partnership with the American Lighting Association (ALA), Dallas Market Center will host three accredited sessions and one hospitality event focused on connected lighting and the smart home featuring a range of global technology experts. All of these events will take place in the Light + Technology space, Trade Mart 4804. For more information, please review the full press release.
Design showrooms at Dallas Market Center currently serve a discerning design community actively seeking new resources for residential and commercial projects across the U.S. and Latin America. In addition to Total Home & Gift Markets, the market center hosts a full calendar of design events throughout the year in partnership with organizations including ASID (American Society of Interior Design), TAID (Texas Association of Interior Design), and IDS (Interior Design Society), which held their national conference at Dallas Market Center in April 2016. For 2017, Dallas Market Center will host 20 design events during non-market time periods, the largest of which welcomes more than 600 interior designers.
Dallas Market Center is located in the strongest economic zone in the U.S., and five of the ten fastest growing cities in the U.S. are located within Texas. Travel costs to Dallas are the lowest among all major market destination cities, and two convenient airports, more than 8,000 free parking spaces, a comprehensive hotel shuttle system, and an efficient regional rail system with a Dallas Market Center station provide easy access to the market center.
To make plans for upcoming markets, visit the Dallas Market Center website including the Design page and download the Dallas Market Center App. Also, keep up-to-date on all information by visiting Dallas Market Center on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and the DMC Daily Dose.
Dallas Market Center
Dallas Market Center is a global business-to-business trade center and the leading wholesale marketplace in North America connecting retailers and interior designers with top manufacturers in home décor, furniture, gifts, lighting and fashion. Inside its dynamic, five million square foot campus near downtown Dallas, nearly 200,000 customers from all 50 states and 85 countries seek industry trends, business education and new products via open-daily showrooms and from exhibitors participating in trade events held throughout the year. The Dallas Market Center website is available at dallasmarketcenter.com.