DALLAS – November 17, 2017 – Dallas Market Center has announced exclusive details for its upcoming January Total Home & Gift Market (January 17-23, 2018) including a record number of new exhibitors, thousands of new products, celebrity guests, and innovative digital experiences to inspire retailers from around the world.
Dallas Total Home & Gift Market takes place concurrently with Lightovation—Dallas International Lighting Show (January 17-21), the largest residential lighting show in North America and the primary buying venue for lighting retailers, as well as Dallas Holiday & Home Expo (January 17-23), Dallas Total Housewares & Gourmet Market (January 17-23), and The Temps at Total Home & Gift Market (January 17-21).
Only Dallas Market Center presents the most complete collection of new and best-selling products across lifestyle categories including gifts, home décor, lighting, holiday and floral, housewares, gourmet, women’s apparel, fashion accessories, artisan products, and more. A record-setting fifty-two new and expanding showrooms will debut during the seven-day global trade event as well as thousands of new product launches from leading industry names and emerging companies.
“Tens of thousands of buyers from around the world will experience a record number of new and expanding showrooms, inspiring big events, trend intelligence, interaction with industry influencers, and an unmatched digital experience to make their trip rewarding,” said Cindy Morris, Dallas Market Center president and CEO. “We are proud to present loyal buyers and new customers with motivation for the upcoming selling season including more new products to help set them apart from the competition.”
Headlining the full slate of exciting market events and seminars is “The House That Pinterest Built: A Conversation with Diane Keaton,” taking place on Thursday, January 18 at 1 p.m. in the World Trade Center atrium. A reception and book signing will follow in the Aidan Gray showroom (WTC 10009).
Among the 52 new and expanding showrooms for June:
In the World Trade Center, Gabby presents a larger new showroom on the first floor in WTC 150; nearby, Accent Décor debuts new space in WTC 190; Loloi opens an expansive showroom in WTC 506; Park Hill will open a large expansion in WTC 333; Uttermost WTC 10021-10051 expands into a larger space; Erdos + Ko Home expands and moves into new space in WTC 10014; Forty West debuts in WTC 10010; Christopher Radko opens new space in WTC 450; Ethan & Associates expands into new space in WTC 11080; and Feizy Rugs expands into WTC 102, 104. Also in new, relocated, or expanded spaces are Saro Trading Company, WTC 284; Napco, WTC 280; The Light Garden, WTC 220; Holidynamics, WTC 470; Dallas Rugs, WTC 6294; Swank Home, WTC 9028; B & S Lighting, WTC 10012; Oriental Trimmings, WTC 10058; Ashore Lighting, WTC 10087; Beau Artiste, WTC 10061; Elegant Lighting, WTC 10080; and Somerset House, WTC 521-C.
In the Trade Mart, Cassmeyer Collection will open a larger new showroom in TM 2200; TAG debuts a new showroom in TM 2503; Natural Life opens in TM 2214; Candle Warmers debuts in TM 1735; and in The 2301 Collection, EllaJude opens in TM 2301-37, Maple Leaf at Home opens in TM 2301-21, and Pyar & Co. expands in TM 2301-03. In addition, Roman will open a new showroom in TM 1501 and Emerson Street Clothing relocates to TM 1725.
On the lighting floors, four major expansions on the atrium will change the face of the Trade Mart this Market: WAC Lighting’s Modern Forms, TM 4808; Progress Lighting, TM 3840; Tech Lighting, TM 4705; and Arteriors, TM 3301. Other showrooms opening new or expanded spaces in January include Hunter Fan Co., TM 4331; Designers Fountain, TM 4929; Koncept, TM 4731; Primo Gas Lanterns, TM 4729; GS Designs, TM 4525; Dot Lighting, TM 4634; and Matteo Lighting, TM 3925. New resources in the popular Spectrum shared showroom in TM 4432 will include Abra Lighting, DBM, and PLC Lighting.
In the Interior Home + Design Center, GO Home will debut a large new showroom in IHDC 1D301. Other additions and expansions include ellahome, IHDC 1D403; Bougainvillea, IHDC GL50; Roberta Schilling, IHDC GL12; Tritter Feefer, IHDC GL02; and Port 68, IHDC GL96. On the second floor in the holiday and floral neighborhood, O Tannenbaum debuts in IHDC 2F216; and Arty Imports opens a new showroom in IHDC 2F446.
In addition to permanent showrooms, The Temps at Total Home & Gift Market will present a wide array of key exhibitors including several new additions. In Market Hall, Blue Ocean Traders debuts in Dallas with more than 2,400 square feet of antiques, one-of-a-kind, and reproduction items. To The Moon will also premiere in Market Hall with a full-sized bus filled with artisan product lines, and Erimish will present their creative bracelet stacks and jewelry. In the World Trade Center, Chavez for Charity will be featured in the Charitable Giving section of The Temps on WTC 12 along with Kate Mesta. Also on WTC 12 will be Melissa and Doug, Poo Pourri, TY Inc., Living Royal, QMT Windchimes, and Funatic. Across six locations, hundreds of new companies will join the marketplace including a special set of new exhibitors inside Made, a designated neighborhood featuring handcrafted, artisan, American Made, and one-of-a-kind items. Finally, a Business Services section will showcase companies focused on serving retailers and manufacturers with the tools to enhance their business.
The Temps will also host exclusive events and hospitalities including new dedicated seminar space on WTC 12 where an inspiring speaker series will take place and the debut of a beer garden in Market Hall serving a variety of craft beers and tasty food selections in a casual environment.
As a complement to new showrooms and temps, there is a blockbuster schedule of special events to educate, motivate and celebrate on the calendar every day of the busy show. Highlights include:
• The 29th Annual ARTS Awards program is the leading awards event honoring the home industry. The black-tie gala will take place Friday, January 19 at the Hilton Anatole with awards presented to retailers, manufacturers, designers, and sales reps. At the ARTS Awards, the Academy of Achievement Honor will be extended to Randy Eller and a special Humanitarian Award will be presented to the Houston Furniture Bank in recognition of their work to support the gulf coast region following Hurricane Harvey.
• The ARTS Awards Preview Night party takes place Thursday beginning at 6 p.m. in The Gallery at the Interior Home + Design Center. Guests may review ARTS Awards product finalists and network with colleagues.
• The Gourmet Gold Housewares Awards, sponsored by Gourmet Insider magazine, celebrates exceptional manufacturers in the housewares products industry exhibiting at Dallas Market Center. The awards ceremony and cocktail party take place on Thursday, January 18 at 6:00 p.m.
• The Gourmet Market kicks off its 30th anniversary celebration with a party on Thursday beginning at 5 p.m.
• The Holiday and Decorative Association (HDA) and member showrooms will hold a Mexican Fiesta on Friday evening beginning at 6 p.m. on the second floor of the Interior Home + Design Center. The event will include Tex-Mex fare, mariachi music and other surprises. Customers are also invited to enjoy complimentary coffee courtesy of select HDA showrooms on the second floor Wednesday through Saturday.
• Also on the second floor of the Interior Home + Design Center, in the center of the holiday and floral neighborhood, a Design Bar with Donna Price will feature holiday and floral live demos on Thursday, Friday and Saturday including “Holiday Arrangements for a Seaside Villa,” Natural Floral Designs with a Splash of Paint,” Spectacular Christmas Wreath Designs,” and “Elegant Holiday Mantels.” Products from a wide array of holiday and floral showrooms will be used in the Design Bar demos.
• Other notable events include buyer education seminars from industry experts on growing your business with email, social selling with LinkedIn, go-to gift resources, display ideas, apps, and competing with Amazon. These seminars will take place adjacent to the temps on WTC 12. Check the Dallas Market Center website for a full list:o Ashley Morrow: So You Came to Market, Now What?, Beginners Guide to Buying, and Decoding Millennials
o Ron Cates: Grow Your Business with Email and Social, Grow Your Business with Digital Marketing, Apps Unleased: Grow Your Business Using Just Your Phone!
o Lindsay Roberts Schey: The Gift Insider: Trends in Gift and Go-To Gifts to Stock Up On
o Terry Sullivan: Master the Power of Social Selling with LinkedIn
o Edward Sajovic: DIY Design 101 - Divine Displays from Construction Supply Cast-Offs! and DIY Design 102 -Divine Displays from Construction Supply Cast-Offs!
For interior designers and fans of interior design, a full slate of special events and hospitality awaits in Dallas. In addition to Diane Keaton’s appearance, a list of celebrity designers and style mavens are ready to educate and inspire:
• The Designers’ Lounge in Light + Design on Ten will be open Wednesday through Sunday but Light + Design is open daily and will welcome the debut of the CoeLux LED faux skylight which uses nanotechnology to artificially and convincingly reproduce natural light for environments where skylights would not be possible or practical.
• Designers’ Concierge Hosted by ASID and IDS on WTC 5 Atrium available Thursday through Sunday
• A Design Panel with Michael Mitchell, Tyler Hill, and Alexa Hampton moderated by Nick May on Wednesday at 2 p.m. in the Interior Home + Design Center, IHDC 1D205
• Julia Buckingham, Robin Baron, and Steven Favreau present a discussion called Diversifying Design at 10 a.m. on Thursday in IHDC 1D205
• At 3 p.m. on Thursday, Dann Foley, Libby Langdon, and Michelle Workman moderated by Nick May host a panel called Broaden Your Brand: Tips and Tactics to Really Grow Your Design Business in the IHDC 1D205
• Nancy Price, Kelli Ellis, and Rebecca Robeson host a Design Panel moderated by Nick May on Friday at 1 p.m. in IHDC 1D205
• Buyers and designers will also have the chance to win exclusive giveaways. The WTC 5 & 6 Giveaway will take place on WTC 6 at 3 P.M. Those who spend $1,000 in a showroom on WTC 5 or WTC 6 can enter to win one of two $500 gift cards.
• The 9, 10, & 11 Giveaway will take place on Friday afternoon at 4 p.m. Buyers who write an order in a showroom on WTC 9, 10, or 11 during Market can enter to win exclusive products from showrooms on floors 9, 10, and 11.
• The Feizy Re-Grand Opening Party takes place on Wednesday at 3 p.m.
There are a number of additional events and hospitalities to amplify the Market experience.
• Buyers can enjoy complimentary beer and wine throughout Market from 3-5 p.m. Wednesday – Friday on TM 2, Thursday – Saturday on WTC 6, 12, 10, and 13, Wednesday and Thursday on IHDC 2.
• Buyers can end their first day of Market with a night of wine, bites, and jazz at IHDC Wine Down on Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. on IHDC 1.
DMC TV, the live broadcast platform for news from Dallas Market Center, returns for January Market. DMC TV Live at 9, the popular morning talk show, will take place Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday at 9:00 a.m. in the atrium of the World Trade Center with special guests and segments previewing market events, trends, personalities, and the latest market news. Live at 9 will be broadcast across campus, via Facebook Live, and online at dallasmarketcenter.com/dmctv.
Special displays created exclusively for January Total Home & Gift Market will provide trend direction throughout the 5 million square foot marketplace, with inspiration by trend reports from Dallas Market Center’s pre-market magazine Source will focus on key gift, home, and fashion trends for 2018 and beyond.
Dallas Market Center is located in the strongest economic zone in the U.S., and five of the ten fastest growing cities in the U.S. are located within Texas. In addition, travel costs to Dallas are the lowest among all major market destination cities. In addition to two convenient airports and more than 8,000 free parking spaces, an efficient regional rail system offers a Dallas Market Center station directly behind the marketplace for easy access to downtown and other destinations.
To make plans for upcoming markets, visit the Dallas Market Center website and download the Dallas Market Center and Lightovation Apps. Also, keep up-to-date on all information by visiting Dallas Market Center on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and the DMC Daily Dose.
About Dallas Market Center
Dallas Market Center is a global business-to-business trade center and the leading wholesale marketplace in North America connecting retailers and interior designers with top manufacturers in home décor, furniture, gifts, lighting and fashion. Inside its dynamic, five million square foot campus near downtown Dallas, nearly 200,000 customers from all 50 states and 85 countries seek industry trends, business education and new products via open-daily showrooms and from exhibitors participating in trade events held throughout the year. The Dallas Market Center website is available at dallasmarketcenter.com.