DALLAS – December 9, 2019 – Dallas Market Center, the only lifestyle marketplace in North America, has announced details for its largest trade event of the year, the winter edition of Total Home & Gift Market, January 8-14, 2020. Beginning in January, the Dallas event is the first market on the U.S. show schedule, providing buyers with a unique opportunity to see it first, buy it first, and get a head start on new products and trends from thousands of brands.
To motivate and support buyers arriving from across North America and internationally, the marketplace will feature more than 40 new and expanding showrooms, hundreds of Temps, special product collections in new categories, celebrity guests, business thought leaders, and lifestyle influencers. In addition, special events including interactive product displays and tours, gala celebrations, keynotes, and promotional giveaways will inspire business owners to thrive in the new year.
Cindy Morris, president and CEO of Dallas Market Center, commented on the special focus for the January show: “The in-person market experience is critical for buyers to discover new brands, build relationships, and to gain business inspiration. As the first market of the year, we are offering buyers a head start to see it first and buy it first in order to help their businesses succeed in 2020. We recognize the advantages and the power of real-world engagement for brick and mortar retail so we are creating a new market experience to help our customers create destinations that engage all five senses.”
Discover The Five Senses
Debuting in January , the theme “Discover The Five Senses” will be presented across the marketplace via interactive product displays and trend presentations, trend tours and unexpected moments of inspiration. “Discover The Five Senses” was selected as the theme because of its power to help retailers create compelling in-store experiences by harnessing the power of sensory perception. Distilling elements of the show into a single theme will inspire buyers with elements that can be implemented in their own business. Interactive displays, for example, will feature each of the five senses presented through vignettes such as Holiday Dinner Party, Glamping, and a French Floral Shop. The presentations will be complemented by QR codes to access product information and the chance to win up to $5000 in “DMC Dollars” for the June 2020 Total Home & Gift Market.
New and Expanded Showrooms
Dozens of exhibitors will debut in Dallas or cut the ribbon on expanded spaces. Among those celebrating expanded showrooms are Creative Co-Op, TM 2802, adding space to offer more seasonal collections; Kalalou, dramatically expanding and relocating into WTC 209 on the atrium; OneCoast, expanding into WTC 270 to showcase new collections; RoadRunners, offering new space in TM 1743; and Erdos + Ko, WTC 10014. Other expanded showrooms include Amity Imports, IHDC 1D202, GL88; The Botanical Mix, IHDC 1D110; and Indianola Pecan House, WTC 180-C-18.
“Creative Co-Op and our family of brands is excited for our new seasonal showroom expansion,” says Garry Schermann, senior vice president of sales. “Dallas Market Center is important to our business because of its loyal customer base especially from the Central U.S. If we want to see these customers, we need to reach them in Dallas.”
New showrooms include Wild Rumpus Room, a collective of artisan studios that hand craft American-made home décor, tabletop items, jewelry and accessories, located in WTC 404; Storgio Ventura, WTC 10052; Deck The Halls, Y’all-Lux Fragrance, TM 2056; Urban33, WTC 10085-03; Adaste Home, TM 2301-27; Barnes Design, IHDC Gallery GL 78; Galleri Urbane, IHDC Gallery GLW2-3; and Somar Creations, IHDC Gallery GL 80.
On the lighting floors of the Trade Mart, the largest residential lighting marketplace in North America, new showrooms include Accord Lighting, TM 3353; Acuity Brands, TM 4634; Aeratron, TM 4432-12; Artika for Living, TM 3309; Beacon Lighting, TM 4933; Clark Communications Group, TM 4432-17; DDI System, TM 4432-17; Fine Art Handcrafted Lighting, TM 4705; Kanova & Co., TM 3519; and SPECTRA, TM 4432-09.
New exhibitors in Gourmet Market (WTC 180) include Whimsy Me, S.A.L.T. Sisters, Park Lane Pantry, South & Spoon Pudding, Jala Jala Foods, Ft Worth Fudge & Toffee, Baratti & Milano, True Honey Tea, Bee Creative, Leon's Legacy, Savor Patisserie, and Eilenberger's Bakery.
In addition to new exhibitors, Surya has deepened their commitment to the market center with a lease renewal. The open-daily Surya showroom is located in WTC 560 and is an important destination for retailers and designers seeking color, pattern and texture across more than 60,000 products including rugs, pillows, throws, wall decor, accent furniture, lighting, decorative accents and bedding.
Celebrity Guests: Aerin Lauder, Thom Filicia and Carson Kressley
A keynote appearance by tastemaker and business leader Aerin Lauder on Friday, January 10 at 1:00 pm will bring celebrity star power and entrepreneurship to center stage in the atrium of the World Trade Center. “The World of AERIN” will focus on how her heritage as the granddaughter of Estee Lauder was the foundation and point of difference for her lifestyle brand. She quickly realized people were interested in buying into a lifestyle as opposed to a product and learned that the modern woman sees beauty as an extension of herself, her wardrobe, her home, her travels and her family. That is when she decided to have beauty and home live together and evolve AERIN to a complete lifestyle concept. Lighting has been a successful and important category for the brand and she will walk you through the evolution of her collections. Inside an exclusive Q&A appearing in the next issue of Spark magazine, Lauder notes the unique power of the in-store experience: “Especially in our brick and mortar locations, the concept is all about experience, surprise, delight and creating something truly special and unique.”
Also appearing at market are Thom Filicia and Carson Kressley, who will welcome guests to the ARTS Awards Gallery Preview night on Thursday evening at 6:00pm ahead of co-hosting the 31st annual ARTS Awards on Friday at the Hilton Anatole hotel. Thom appears as the cover star for the current issue of Spark magazine and offers insights about inspiration: “To be inspired, first and foremost, I think you have to be authentically interested in design—constantly evaluating it, interacting with it, creating it, talking about it.”
Perhaps the hottest products in the gift business are CBD, and Dallas Market Center is the only winter show with the products and retail advice to help leverage this category effectively. The program is called Explore CBD, and more than 30 companies will showcase products plus a helpful seminar on the topic, “The ABC’s of CBD” will be presented by retail expert Warren Shoulberg on Thursday at 1:00 pm in the 12th floor seminar suite. The first 25 attendees will receive swag bags including product samples.
New and Noteworthy Temps
The Temps at Total Home & Gift Market will present hundreds of new and returning exhibitors. Buyers will explore five distinct Temp neighborhoods to expand their retail merchandise mix and discover new products and brands. Customers are also invited to the “Discover the 5 Senses” 12th floor party taking place on Saturday 3:00 - 5:00 pm.
· Trade Mart 1, Luxe Gift
A diverse collection of premium, high-end product. Featuring LoweCo, Luln Living, Susan Shaw, Fifth & Cherry, Starz Puzzles, and many more.
· World Trade Center 6, Home and Design
Stylish furniture and home décor for any room, featuring exhibitors such as Fursatile, Casa Boho, Flatland Artistry, and more.
· World Trade Center 12, Gift
The hottest and most expansive gift selection from general gift to bath & body, fashion accessories, and paper/card/party. Featuring DaySpring, K*tch, 3 Happy Hooligans, and many others.
· World Trade Center 13, Apparel
The latest, on-trend women’s apparel featuring brands like Entro, Poi Clothing, See and be Seen, and more.
· Market Hall, Cash & Carry, Artisan Cash & Carry, Vintage Home & Décor
The only neighborhood for both order writing and Cash & Carry including gifts, vintage, furniture, home décor, apparel and accessories. Featuring Texas Bar Boutique, No-Mo Stache, Mountain High Furniture, and many others.
31st Annual ARTS Awards
Honoring home industry excellence, the annual ARTS Awards gala is the premier event for achievement in retailing, manufacturing, design, and sales representation. The January black-tie gala will be held on Friday evening with masters of ceremonies Carson Kressley and Thom Filicia, who will also greet guests at the ARTS Gallery Preview Party on Thursday evening beginning at 6:00 pm outside WTC 531. Winners from among the finalists in twenty-three categories will be announced at the ARTS Awards, and the Academy of Achievement honor will be presented to Michael Amini, the charismatic founder, chairman, and CEO of AICO/Amini Innovation Corporation. ARTS Awards tickets are available via: http://dallasmarketcenter.com/ArtsAwards/reservations/
Events and Seminars From Experts and Influencers
A full schedule of special events to inspire and educate buyers highlights the show in addition to the live morning show DMC TV Live, which broadcasts Wednesday and Thursday from the main stage of the World Trade Center.
Special events highlights include:
Wednesday, January 8
· Floral expert J Schwanke will offer a Discovery Tour for displays and merchandising on Wednesday at 10:00 a.m. beginning in the atrium of the World Trade Center.
· Global trend expert Patti Carpenter discusses “Color Trends” on Wednesday at 1:00 pm on the stage of the World Trade Center atrium.
· At noon, floral expert J Schwanke will offer his “Grow with Us” lunch and learn on Holiday 2020 trends in IHDC 2F315.
· Patty Biro from the Spa Industry Association leads a lively Discovery Tour of top trends in spa and wellness retail on Wednesday afternoon at 2:00 pm beginning by the Trade Mart front escalators.
· At 3:00 p.m. floral expert J Schwanke will offer a live demo of holiday floral design ideas at the IHDC Demo Bar.
· The Antiques Diva, Toma Clark Haines, will present “Design Inspiration with the Diva” at 3:00 pm in Market Hall followed by a trend tour at 4:30 pm.
Thursday, January 9
· A buyer breakfast with retail expert Rawlins Gilliland will welcome new buyers and provide real answers and practical advice on Thursday at 9:00 am in the WTC 6th floor Temps lounge.
· Susan Inglis, executive director of the Sustainable Furnishings Council, presents “How to Furnish a Healthy Home: a Style Tour on Sustainable Furniture” on Thursday at 11:00 am.
· Retail analyst Warren Shoulberg presents “The ABC’s of CBD” on Thursday at 1:00 pm in the 12th floor seminar suite. First 25 attendees will receive swag bags including product samples!
· Join Dann Foley, Libby Langdon, and Kristi Hopper for a discussion about selling luxury upholstery, maximalist design, and how to maximize profits. A very special presentation by Libby Langdon and her new upholstery line with Fairfield will also be featured. Charles Ray showroom (WTC 9002) at 1:00 pm.
· Damon Oates will present a demo on wreath making techniques on Thursday at 2:00 pm in IHDC 2F315.
· Luxury bedding is the focus of this special 2:30 pm presentation with Dann Foley and Kristi Hopper. Don’t miss an opportunity to experience some of Oprah’s Favorite Things and find out the tips & tricks to selling and maximizing both profit and exclusivity in this highly competitive market. Location: Cozy Earth (WTC 6-501).
· Sensory experience at retail is the focus of author and retail expert Pam Danziger’s “Make More Sense in Your Store” on Thursday at 3:00 pm in the 12th floor seminar suite. To be followed by a book signing of “Shops That Pop.”
· Retail expert Rawlins Gilliland offers a discovery tour of “Profitable Lines & Items” on Thursday at 3:00 pm.
· Join two powerhouse designers, Lisa McDennon and Robin Baron, at 4:00 pm in Light + Design on Ten as they discuss lighting, design, and the crucial role that business development plays in expanding your brand footprint and your business.
· Gourmet Market throws a big and tasty bash on Thursday beginning at 5:00 pm. Stop by for a chance to win a $200 American Express gift card.
· Join the American Lighting Association Young Executives and the ART Under 40 Group at the SMART Center (TM 4826) for Beers with Peers. Enjoy complimentary refreshments and next-generation networking encompassing all areas of the lighting and home accessories industries on Thursday at 5PM.
· Additional seminars on WTC 12 will offer valuable insights for growing retail businesses. The schedule includes:
o Cris Willis: “Explode Your Sales: A Marketing System for Successful Retailers” on Thursday at 9:00 am
o Maghon Taylor: “Make Instagram Fun Again” on Thursday at 11:00 am
o Cris Willis: “The Benefits of Buying Groups” on Friday at 4:00 pm
Friday, January 10
· Join Jessica Robb along with Christian Daw, Jason Clifton, and Laura Therman for a Millennial Design Panel taking place in the main stage in the World Trade Center atrium at 9:00 am.
· Join designer Libby Langdon at the In-Detail showroom (WTC 500) for a meet and greet beginning at 10:00 am.
· The StyleEyes panel of trend spotters and tastemakers convenes to share their discoveries at 11:00 am on Friday on the main stage in the World Trade Center atrium.
· Retail guru Rawlins Gilliland will lead a discovery tour of “Top Temps Finds” on Friday at 11:00 am.
· Susan Inglis, executive director of the Sustainable Furnishings Council, presents a seminar on “Healthy and Happy Gifts” on Friday at noon in the 12th floor seminar suite.
· Join designers Dann Foley and Libby Langdon in the Stylecraft showroom (WTC 10074) at noon to see the latest in lighting and occasional furniture from Stylecraft and Harp & Finial and to learn how to recognize profit potential from a value brand. Let Dann & Libby introduce you to the newest trends and how to create luxury interiors with profit-heavy potential.
· Botanical Mix (IHDC 1D110) hosts designers Dann Foley and Shay Geyer at 2:00 pm to discuss luxury floral. Learn how to create your own exclusive botanicals with an eye for maximizing profits. They will be joined by Legends, the luxury porcelain brand preferred by Dann and Shay, and many other top designers.
· At 1:00 pm lifestyle entrepreneur Aerin Lauder takes the stage in the World Trade Center atrium to discuss her brand and business experience. “The World of AERIN” will focus on how her heritage as the granddaughter of Estee Lauder was the foundation and point of difference for her lifestyle brand.
· Attend a live podcast where The Product Boss presents “The Three C’s of Content” on Friday at 2:00 pm in the 12th floor seminar suite.
· Damon Oates presents a Wreath Demo sponsored by Craig Bachman at 2:00 pm in IHDC 2F315.
Saturday, January 11
· At 11:00 a.m., retail expert Rawlins Gilliland presents Top Cash & Carry Picks
· Floral designer Damon Oates presents a wreath demo in black and white sponsored by Craig Bachman at 2:00 pm in 2F315.
· Beginning at 2:00 pm, the 12th floor hosts a “Discover the Five Senses” cocktail party that will tantalize all five senses and will celebrate the interactive Five Senses displays throughout market.
Monday, January 12
· An Emerging Designers Event from 4:30-6:30PM will include a panel of experts speaking at the Erdos + Ko showroom (WTC 10014), followed by a marketplace tour led by Michael Bauer, and concluding with a cocktail party at 5:30 pm in The Gallery, Interior Home + Design Center.
The Design Bar on the second floor of the IHDC will include floral and holiday events and demos throughout market including Edward Sajovic presenting demos on Thursday at 10:00 am and 3:00 pm; Vickerman Everyday Demo featuring Natural Botanicals on Friday at 10:00 am; a mum demo sponsored by Craig Bachman at 1:00 pm; and a Holiday demo presented by Vickerman on Saturday at 10:00 am.
A full schedule of events is located on the Dallas Market Center website and app as well as the show directory.
StyleEyes Trend Scouts
The knowledge and taste-making skills of leading industry influencers will be gathered together for the return of StyleEyes. The soon-to-be-announced group of trend scouts will identify must-see and unique products and trends across the marketplace including gifts, home décor, lighting, holiday/floral and fashion. Each day of the show members of the StyleEyes team will offer Instagram posts highlighting their discoveries. Market guests are invited to participate by following individual team members as well as Dallas Market Center on Instagram and by using #DallasStyleEyes. Products identified by the StyleEyes will also be called out with special signage inside exhibitor showrooms and booths. The group will gather together on Friday at 11:00 am for a panel presentation in the World Trade Center atrium.
Upgraded Buyer Amenities
To support comfort and productivity, a number of upgraded buyer amenities will debut during the show. Cell service and WiFi have recently undergone significant improvements in order to offer best-in-class connectivity for buyers conducting business inside the marketplace. New for January is the Beauty Bar on 13, featuring refreshments, make-up touch ups and other pampering sessions. Also on the floor, the 13th floor Buyers’ Lounge has also undergone a complete renovation, now presenting an open floorplan in the relaxation zone and business center. The Buyers’ Lounge is fully staffed throughout the show. The Creative Commons from Creative Co-Op, debuting on the second floor of the Trade Mart, will serve as a hospitality space and center of inspiration. And finally, look for the new eTuk, a DMC mini food truck delivering tasty meals to new neighborhoods every day, as well as reimagined menus in several on-site restaurants providing quick and tasty meals.
Note that Dallas is the first major market of 2020 and will welcome buyers from January 8 to 14 for the Total Home & Gift Market. Only Dallas Market Center presents the most complete collection of new and best-selling products across multiple categories including gift, home décor, lighting, holiday and floral, housewares, gourmet, apparel & accessories, artisan products, and more. The marketplace includes the largest residential lighting trade events in North America; the largest and most successful open-daily design center; dominant trade events for gift, home décor, holiday and floral; and the nation’s most comprehensive apparel and accessories marketplace featuring the latest styles from East Coast and West Coast designers. Beginning in June 2020 these resources will be available together in one place at one time during the summer Total Lifestyle Market.
Special travel deals are still available for the upcoming show. To make plans visit the Dallas Market Center website and download the Dallas Market Center and Lightovation Apps. Also, keep up-to-date on all information by visiting Dallas Market Center on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the DMC Blog.
About Dallas Market Center
Dallas Market Center is a global business-to-business trade center and the leading wholesale marketplace in North America connecting retailers and interior designers with top manufacturers in home décor, furniture, gifts, lighting and fashion. Inside its dynamic, five million square foot campus, nearly 200,000 customers from all 50 states and 85 countries seek industry trends, business education and new products from exhibitors throughout the year via dominant trade events for gift, home décor, holiday and floral; the nation’s most comprehensive apparel and accessories markets featuring the latest styles from East Coast and West Coast designers; the world’s largest western marketplace, opening in 2021; the largest residential lighting trade event in North America; and the largest and most successful open-daily design center. The marketplace is located in the strongest economic zone in the country. In addition, more than 80 percent of Dallas Market Center buyers report that they do not shop other market centers. To make plans for upcoming markets, visit the Dallas Market Center website and download the Dallas Market Center and Lightovation Apps. Also, keep up-to-date on all information by visiting Dallas Market Center on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the Dallas Market Center blog.