Dallas Total Home & Gift Market to Premiere
More New Brands, Events and Enhancements for January
DALLAS – November 27, 2018 – Dallas Market Center announces exclusive details for its largest market of the year, Dallas Total Home & Gift Market (January 16-22), including more new exhibitors, inspiring events, exclusive promotions, special guests and marketplace enhancements to serve tens of thousands of retailers and designers from around the world.
Dallas Total Home & Gift Market takes place concurrently with Lightovation: Dallas International Lighting Show (January 16-20), the largest residential lighting show in North America, as well as The Temps at Total Home & Gift Market (January 17-20). The market also concludes two days before Dallas Apparel & Accessories and KidsWorld Markets (January 23-26), providing unique cross-category buying opportunities. Only Dallas Market Center presents the most complete collection of new and best-selling products across lifestyle categories including gift, home décor, lighting, holiday and floral, housewares, gourmet, apparel and accessories, artisan products and more.
“For 2019 we are re-shaping the market experience in order to serve buyers with big inspiration, incredible new resources, marketplace enhancements and the business intelligence needed in order to thrive,” says Cindy Morris, Dallas Market Center President and CEO. “We will debut a record number of new and expanded showrooms and temps, present special appearances by industry influencers and design stars, debut new dining options, and present informative seminars and celebrations including the 30th anniversary edition of the iconic ARTS Awards.”
Ahead of the show and as a preview of the new products, successful businesses, and creative personalities at market, buyers will receive a completely redesigned Dallas Market Center magazine. The new publication will launch in December as a larger and more dynamic magazine taking the place of Source, with a new name and new look, focusing on the people who make the marketplace shine.
The heartbeat of the marketplace is new product, and for January 2019 the new and expanding showrooms include the following:
· Ashore, IMAX Worldwide Home, Transpac, Hi-end Accents, Trendily and Dallas Rugs will introduce their expanding showrooms in the World Trade Center.
· Anne McGilvray debuts a new showroom in the World Trade Center (WTC 280) including Blue Q, Boston International, Chronicle Books, Emily McDowell, Fred, Fringe Studio, Gumball Poodle, Knock Knock, People Places & Things, Twisted Wares and The Unemployed Philosophers Guild.
· In the World Trade Center, Summer Classics (WTC 154), Artistic Transfer (WTC 555), Game Rooms by Design (WTC 582), Expressive Homes by Hina (WTC 6658), and Melissa & Doug (WTC 8503) will debut new showrooms. Timothy J Ferrie has opened a new showroom in Light + Design on Ten.
· Jura and Tervis debut new showrooms at Cook In & Cook Out on the second floor of the Trade Mart. In addition to these, Da Bomb opens a new showroom in TM 1030 and Hannah’s Handiworks expands into TM 1745 and 1753.
· Eurofase, Fanimation, Kuzco Lighting, Sonneman, Varaluz, Wind River Ceiling Fans and CWI Lighting are expanding space on the lighting floors of the Trade Mart, while Big Ass Fans opens a new showroom in TM 4830.
· In the Interior Home + Design Center, Currey & Company is opening expansive new space, Generation Lighting will debut a 25,000 square foot showroom, and Taylors expands its showroom. Additionally, Benson-Cobb Studios (1D407) and Pasha Furniture (1D421) will cut ribbons on their new showrooms and several exhibitors such as 1429 mfg, Fourteenth Colony Lighting, Jan Barboglio represented by Goetz, Inc. and Legend of Asia will debut inside The Gallery (1D202). Recently relocated into the IHDC is Peninsula Home Collection (1D112).
The Temps at Dallas Total Home & Gift Market will feature new exhibitors and new promotions to drive discovery across the Temps Marketplace. Luxe Gift and the Home & Design Temp neighborhoods open on January 16, and all other neighborhoods open January 17. Notable additions include Hallmark, ENRO, Deep South Social, What Hot!, Troll Beads, Revelation Culture, UMGEE and many others.
Buyers are invited to discover more new lines and unique products across five distinct Temp neighborhoods:
· Luxe Gift on Trade Mart 1
· Home and Design on World Trade Center 6
· Gift on World Trade Center 12
· Apparel and Accessories on World Trade Center 13
· Home Décor, Vintage, Artisan and Cash & Carry at Market Hall
Retailers can also anticipate the $100 Amex Card promotion across all Temp neighborhoods effective Thursday, January 17 and Friday, January 18. The first 20 buyers in each Temp neighborhood who spend $1,000 or more on Thursday and Friday will receive a $100 Amex Gift Card. Retailers can purchase products from multiple Temp vendors to reach $1,000 or more, but the purchases must all be made within one neighborhood. Buyers must be one of the first 20 to take their confirmed order copies to the Show Office or Buyer’s Lounge on the applicable floor to receive their gift card.
A calendar of events to educate, motivate and celebrate retailers and manufacturers will fill the show. A full seminar schedule will be announced but highlights include:
· Retail Expert and Bestselling Author Bob Negen will be on campus Tuesday, January 15 to present his Retail Success Boot Camp: How to Run a Business That Doesn’t Run You. Retailers will learn how to be smarter, better and wiser business professionals. Tickets can be purchased here.
· Celebrity Chef, Author and Gourmet Gold Housewares Awards Judge Ingrid Hoffmann will hold a book signing for her newly released cookbook, Latin Comfort Foods Made Healthy, inside Gourmet Market.
· The Gourmet Gold Housewares Awards, Dallas Market Center’s esteemed awards program that recognizes exceptional manufacturers in the housewares industry, will take place during Dallas Total Home & Gift Market. Three judges from the culinary and hospitality industries will evaluate products across multiple categories based on innovation, user-friendliness and visual appeal.
· The 30th Annual ARTS Awards will honor excellence and achievement in retailing, manufacturing, design and sales representation. In addition to category awards, David Gebhart of Global Views and Studio|A Home will be honored with the Academy of Achievement Award and Sharon Davis, executive director of ART, will be honored with the Legendary Leadership Award. The gala takes place on Friday evening, and a preview party takes place on Thursday evening.
· Dallas Market Center’s StyleEyes trendspotting program will return in January 2019. A select group of industry-leading social media influencers including designers and retailers will leverage their knowledge and insights to highlight product discoveries across market.
· DMC TV LIVE, the popular morning show broadcasting live from market, will take place on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday with a dynamic line-up of special guests. Join DMC TV Host Kadee Coffman via Facebook live or on the campus monitors at 11 a.m.
· Retail Expert Rawlins Gilliland offers popular discovery tours on Thursday, Friday and Saturday including Trending Gift and Décor Items, Hottest Temp Picks, Top Cash & Carry Picks and more.
To support computer and cell phone connectivity, Dallas Market Center is launching the world’s largest private MIMO 5G LTE network resulting in the fastest and most consistent network in the industry. Paired with recent improvements to the marketplace WiFi network, this is the largest technology improvement in decades.
Finally, unmatched hospitality and displays will amplify the market experience for both new and loyal buyers.
· Doors will open on the newly designed World Trade Center cafeteria and a spacious new full-service Starbucks.
· Dallas Market Center’s Visual Merchandising Team is designing a trend story for Dallas Total Home & Gift Market with buyers in mind, including endless opportunities for discovery and inspiration through products, visuals and experiences.
· Daily market orientation tours will take place at 9 a.m. in World Trade Center 156A.
· Gourmet Market tastings are available each day in World Trade Center 180, as well as a Gourmet Market $200 Amex card giveaway.
· Daily wine is available for buyers in Light + Design on Ten (WTC 10085) and The Gallery (IHDC 1D202).
· The Designers’ Lounge sponsored by ASID Texas & IDS is located in Light + Design on Ten (WTC 10085), and the Designers’ Concierge is located on the World Trade Center fifth floor atrium.
Dallas Market Center offers buyers from around the world a complete marketplace of best-selling and unique products in temporary and permanent showrooms including the largest residential lighting trade event in North America; the largest and most successful open-daily design center; dominant trade events for gift, home décor, holiday and floral; and the nation’s most comprehensive apparel and accessories marketplace featuring the latest styles from East Coast and West Coast designers.
The marketplace serves retailers and interior designers from all 50 states and 85 countries and is located in the strongest economic zone in the country. In addition, more than 80 percent of Dallas Market Center buyers report that they do not shop other market centers.
To make plans for upcoming markets, visit the Dallas Market Center website and download the Dallas Market Center and Lightovation Apps. Also, keep up-to-date on all information by visiting Dallas Market Center on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the DMC Daily Dose.
About Dallas Market Center
Dallas Market Center is a global business-to-business trade center and the leading wholesale marketplace in North America connecting retailers and interior designers with top manufacturers in home décor, furniture, gifts, lighting and fashion. Inside its dynamic, five million square foot campus, nearly 200,000 customers from all 50 states and 85 countries seek industry trends, business education and new products via open-daily showrooms and from exhibitors participating in trade events held throughout the year. The Dallas Market Center website is available at www.dallasmarketcenter.com.