Design-Centered Events, New Design Showrooms, and More at Dallas Total Home & Gift Market
—Clodagh, Barclay Butera, Adam Glassman, Scott Kravet among Special Guests—
DALLAS – May 9, 2018 – Dallas Market Center, the largest and most successful open-daily design resource in the country, has announced exclusive details of the design showroom debuts and events taking placing during the upcoming June Total Home & Gift Market (June 20-26, 2018) including a full schedule of seminars, celebrity guests, educational opportunities, and events for the interior design community.
Dallas Total Home & Gift Market takes place concurrently with Lightovation—Dallas International Lighting Show (June 20-23), the largest residential lighting show in North America and the primary buying venue for lighting retailers, as well as Dallas Total Housewares & Gourmet Market (June 20-26), The Temps at Total Home & Gift Market (June 20-24), and International Folk Art Market (June 20-24).
In the World Trade Center, a new showroom for Blue Ocean Traders will debut in WTC 542. In Light + Design on Ten (WTC 100850), InStyle Gallery moves in and Ollier Distributors debuts. Allaf Oriental Rugs has a new home in WTC 521.F.
In the Interior Home + Design Center, Global Views/Studio|A Home opens expansive new space in IHDC 1D209 and American Leather Innovation by Contempo Designs will cut the ribbon on a new showroom, IHDC 1D205. Inside The Gallery at IHDC, Atelier Home, Beyond Borders, Peacock Alley, and Lantern & Scroll debut new spaces. Finally, The Botanical Mix, IHDC 1D110, 1D408, will expand into new space.
In the Temps, the Home Temps on WTC 6 deliver a design destination including new companies and big inspiration. Among the home accents, lighting, rugs, and more is Nashville Rug Gallery. Inside Market Hall additional home décor companies will deliver a wide array of collections along with the vintage marketplace, artisan, and cash and carry. Additional temps are available on Trade Mart 1, World Trade Center 12 and 13.
A full slate of design-centered events has also been scheduled:
• Globally recognized designer and author, Clodagh, will present Wellness by Design. Clodagh will discuss the tenets of integrative medicine and how she incorporates modalities such as chromotherapy and biophilia in her global projects. The 10:30 a.m. conversation on Wednesday, June 20, in WTC 198, will be followed by a book signing in the Erdos + Ko showroom, WTC 10014.
• Famed interior designer, Barclay Butera, will take the audience through a journey during his presentation called A Body of Work, A Lifetime of Dreams. Barclay will discuss how his style has evolved over the years in the interior design industry at 2 p.m. on Thursday, June 21, in the WTC Atrium. The presentation will be followed by a Mix & Mingle with Barclay Butera in Designer’s Patio showroom, WTC 9009, at 3:30 p.m. Mix it up with Barclay and enjoy the festivities, photo ops, and the chance to win one of 5 signed books.
• Adam Glassman, the Creative Director of O, The Oprah Magazine, will lead a discussion panel of select design and lifestyle tastemakers and influencers on Friday, June 22, at 4 p.m. More details to be announced.
• Interior Designer Shay Geyer will launch her permanent botanical collection for The Botanical Mix at 5 p.m. on Thursday, June 21, in The Botanical Mix showroom (IHDC 1D110). Celebrate the unique & colorful collection with wine and hors d’oeuvres, and one lucky guest will win a floral valued at $450.
In addition to the individual guests above, several panels will host industry leaders and celebrities delivering discussions on design-industry topics:
• Mariska Meijers, Daniel Germani, Glen Peloso, and Toma Clark Haines present Global Design Inspiration - Diva Style at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, June 20, in WTC 198. Learn how these top furniture, product and interior designers are influenced by their global travels and take home tips on how you can educate your eye to curate a globally chic vibe in your interiors.
• Steven Moore, Toma Clark and Kristi Hopper host a discussion called Living the Life of Your Dreams - Traveling with Antiques on Thursday, June 21, at 10 a.m. in WTC 198. Learn how they’ve shaped a life that travels with antiques, about the people they've met, and the places they’ve been.
• Shay Geyer & Dann Foley present Texas Style Meets Palm Springs at noon on Friday, June 22, in WTC 198. Join a lively discussion about bold style and big design from two iconic cities of signature glam, from two of their best known designers.
• Saxon Henry, Scott Kravet, Aviva Stanoff & Tamara Matthews Stephenson will host a discussion called A Grand Tour of Textiles - Past, Present & Future on Friday, June 22, in WTC 198 at 2 p.m. On this around-the-world jaunt, they will share their favorite discoveries past and present, and predict what they see for the future.
• Retailers and designers may see curated vignettes from eight emerging design students at Color My World: A Student Vignette Challenge presented by IDS in IHDC 1 every day of Market. The students' work will be critiqued by 10 up-and-coming designers, and judging will take place on Thursday, June 21.
• The winning team from the Student Vignette Challenge will be celebrated at the Color My World Reception presented by IDS at 2p.m. on Saturday, June 23, in the IHDC 1 Back Hall. Prizes include: an IDS National Membership, roundtrip airfare and hotel stay to the 2019 IDS National Conference, a $1,000 tuition rebate, headshots, and a feature in Source Magazine.
In addition to events and speakers there are a number of hospitalities and amenities to amplify the overall Market experience:
• Designers may stop by for an afternoon pick-me-up and enjoy a drink at the Beer and Wine Bar from 2-5 p.m. located on the first floor of the IHDC on June 20-22, and inside The Gallery in the IHDC on June 23.
• The Designers’ Concierge Sponsored by ASID Texas and IDS on WTC 6 Atrium will be available Thursday through Saturday for anyone who has questions about Dallas Market Center and where to find the best resources on campus.
• DMC TV, the live broadcast platform for news from Dallas Market Center, returns for June Market. DMC TV Live at 9, the popular morning talk show, will take place at 9 a.m. Wednesday and Friday at the Trade Mart Koi Pond, and Thursday at the IHDC front reception with special guests and segments previewing market events, trends, personalities, and the latest market news. Live at 9 will be broadcast across campus, via Facebook Live, and online at dallasmarketcenter.com/dmctv.
• The Designers’ Lounge in Light + Design on Ten will be open Wednesday through Sunday. Buyers can enjoy wine every day of Market from 1-6 p.m. Also on Saturday, designers can enjoy fruit, cheese, and drinks starting at noon.
• Buyer can also enjoy daily wine in The Gallery in the Interior Home + Design Center every day of Market from 1-6 p.m.
Dallas Market Center is the largest and most successful open-daily design center in the U.S. and is located in the strongest economic zone in the U.S. Five of the ten fastest growing cities in the U.S. are located within Texas. In addition, travel costs to Dallas are the lowest among all major market destination cities. Two convenient airports, more than 8,000 free parking spaces, and an efficient regional light rail stop directly behind the marketplace create easy access to Dallas Market Center.
About Dallas Market Center
Founded in 1957, Dallas Market Center is the world’s most complete wholesale marketplace. Within its marketplace of more than five million square feet, retailers from around the globe source products ranging from home furnishings, gifts, decorative accessories and lighting to textiles, fashion accessories and men's, western, women's and children's apparel. With more than 50 markets each year attended by more than 200,000 retail buyers from all 50 states and 85 countries, Dallas Market Center offers hundreds of events and seminars geared toward helping retailers expand business and increase profits. The Dallas Market Center website is available at dallasmarketcenter.com