June Total Home & Gift Market: First Show of the Summer Delivers Hundreds of New Brands
—Reimagined Temps show, exclusive collections highlight the largest summer show in more than ten years—
DALLAS – May 12, 2022 – Dallas Total Home & Gift Market, the first show of the summer, will be the largest trade event in more than ten years according to Dallas Market Center. The centrally located marketplace that is welcoming a record number of new buyers from across the country announced exclusive details for its summer event taking place June 22-28, 2022.
More than 40 new and expanding permanent exhibitors and hundreds of new Temps will debut during the show, together with special exhibits, events, celebrity appearances, and inspiration for retail decision makers from across North America, South America, and the Caribbean.
“This is the largest summer show in more than a decade, anchored by the exciting debut of the reimagined Temps plus dozens of new permanent showrooms,” said Cindy Morris, president and CEO of Dallas Market Center. “Buyers are eager to come to Dallas. Our new buyer applications, advanced registration and hotel reservations are all running well ahead of last year. We are anticipating an energetic and inspiring show as buyers plan ahead for the second half of the year and work to fill depleted inventories. Given the supply chain challenges it’s more important than ever for retailers to experience a market in person to review new products and place orders as quickly as possible.”
Pre-registration, which is the exclusive method to receive the FastPass for quick, contactless entry, is now available at dallasmarketcenter.com.
Preparing for More New Buyers
New buyer applications remain strong and include sharp increases from buyers located in the Midwest and Southeast. All new buyers are encouraged to take advantage of daily welcome tours, DMC Scoop, which includes complimentary coffee and insights from industry and market representatives talking through the marketplace and answering questions. In addition, a welcome desk and a buyers’ lounge will serve arriving buyers. New buyers are also encouraged to review market announcements, the website, social media, and to download the app for pre-market planning.
New and Expanding Showrooms
Among more than forty new and expanding permanent showrooms are best-selling brands and trending companies in gift and home, housewares and gourmet, holiday, floral and lighting. A complete list of additions is available in the summer edition of Spark magazine, the official pre-market publication arriving via mail to more than 50,000 buyers. Among the highlights:
· Reason & Remedy is opening a multi-line showroom in the Trade Mart (TM 2353) featuring luxury home, gift, apparel and accessories lines as well as special collections for spa and wellness.
· Wing Tai Trading Inc (WTC 318) features simple, thoughtful, artist inspired designs to complement any décor.
· A new showroom from Sticks inside the American Made Collective (TM 2901) -- an art studio specializing in custom furniture design and home décor.
· Artists Guild of America (WTC 6470), which designs and produces original works of art that are individually painted by LA-based studio artists, has expanded and relocated to the sixth floor.
· Brayden & Brooks (TM 2442) is new showroom from our vintage Temporaries section. The company has an expansive collection of repurposed vintage home décor items—and has been featured on HGTV.
· Diverse Marketing (WTC 409) is undergoing a major expansion with several new lines.
· El Paso Import Company (WTC 521), a purveyor of handmade furniture and décor crafted of wood, iron, and other elements, is undergoing a major relocation.
· Gourmet Market has many new tasty treats from Goodson Pecans (WTC 180-E32), maker of award-winning gourmet flavors of pecans and butters; all-natural BBQ cleaner from Great Scrape (WTC 180-A38); Maniatis Kalamata’s Finest (WTC 180-A06) olives, oils, and spreads; McSteven’s (WTC 180-A28) hot chocolates, lattes, lemonades, and more; Guatemala-sourced Pacaya Coffee Roasters (WTC 180-C14); Pickens Sweet Treats (WTC 180-C26) gift boxes, fudge, and toffees; sea salts from RG International Importing (WTC 180-B24); beer salt strips from Salteez (WTC 180-A40), cheese straws with a twist from Southern Straws (WTC 180-C23); and Trucker Treats (WTC 180-A30) gourmet-seasoned pretzels. From Itzie’s Garden has a new location (WTC 180-E05), as does My French Recipe (WTC 180-A36) and Olivelle (WTC 180-E30).
· The Gallery (IHDC 1D202) hosts new companies including Norwalk, Lyn Hiner Studios, Ashore, Keil Art World, The Container Store Custom Closets, Wall Snobs, Amatoya, and Timothy Poe Studio.
· Opening their first showroom is JM Marketing (TM 2535), a new multi-line rep showroom which highlights housewares, gift, paper, and textiles.
· Junk Gypsies (WTC 203) is opening their first and only permanent showroom in the country at Dallas Market Center, featuring the team from their popular HGTV show and “The Road Trip Collection” by Junk Gypsy. They have licensing agreements with Pottery Barn, and music legends Miranda Lambert, Dierks Bentley, and Billie Joe Armstrong (of Green Day).
· K&K Interiors (WTC 237) is launching a new furniture line that features fabrics from leather to upholstery, frames from wood to metal, and designs from traditional to contemporary.
· Loloi (WTC 506-18) is expanding their current space on the fifth floor to showcase original artwork and feature collaborations with top designers.
· Patrick & Co. (TM 2927) has four new lines for June including Finding Home Farms, Patina Vie, Relish, and Heartfully Yours, a new Christmas company launched by renowned ornament designer-artist Mr. Christopher Radko. HeARTfully Yours is Mr. Radko’s first collection in 15 years.
· On the 7th floor in the Cash and Carry neighborhood are new showrooms including Double A Sales (7602), Hotline Hair Ties (7816), Kaydee Lynn (7826), Lit Handlers (7822, Lucky Girl (7810), Randans Jewelry (7806), Suzi Q USA (7804), Synergy Marketplace (7882), T J Custom Designs (7539), The Twisted Filly (7814, and Voyages Dream (7828). Expanding are Al Zuni Global Jewelry (7686), Before You (7830), Bohemian Cowgirl (7824) Girls In Action (WTC 7812), No Crap In It (7032) and Synergy Group (7834). Expanded and relocated is Dawn Bennett (7034).
· Additional expanding showrooms include Allaf Oriental Rugs (WTC 521C & G, WTC 550).
The Bigger, Better, Reimagined Temps
The Temps at Total Home & Gift Market, June 22-25, will be the largest presentation in more than ten years with more than 1100 exhibitor booths. Forty-five percent of exhibitors are first-time participants. Buyers will explore a full marketplace of Temps with five distinct neighborhoods to discover hot new products and brands.
· Trade Mart 1: Luxe Gift
· World Trade Center 10: High Style Dallas (HSD)
· World Trade Center 12: Body & Spa, Emerging Gifts, General Gifts, Global|Fair Trade, Gourmet Foods, HIM, Home, Made, TableTop|Housewares, and T-Shirts and More.
· World Trade Center 13: Apparel & Fashion Accessories Temps
· Market Hall: Antiques and Immediate Goods including Artisan, Gifts and Jewelry, Fine Jewelry, Home, and Vintage.
Top brands and collections are debuting across the Temps marketplace, supported by daily hospitality and special events. Pick up a special guide to the Temps at the show, which has a complete list of participating brands and events. Highlighting the events will be premiere parties for High Style and for Antiques on Wednesday morning, panels sponsored by Gifts & Decorative Accessories magazine and Modern Luxury, and an Antique talk with John Phifer Marr. Details are on the Dallas Market Center website.
Retailer Excellence Awards
The 71st Annual Retailer Excellence Awards takes place on June 22, 2002 during the Total Home & Gift Market. Gifts & Decorative Accessories has been celebrating retail excellence since 1951, and the tradition will continue with the 2022 award ceremony. The event will honor 21 retail nominees and seven retail winners in seven categories: Specialty Store, Multiple Locations, Visual Merchandising, Store Events, Store Design, Social Media Outreach and Online Initiatives, and Socially Responsible. In addition, GDA will also present awards to the Manufacturer of the Year and Sales Representative of the Year. As is tradition, a representative from Gift for Life, the industry charitable organization, will announce its Industry Achievement Award, which this year is being extended to industry analyst and journalist Warren Shoulberg. Ticket information is available at https://www.retailerexcellenceawards.com/
The International Folk Art Market Collection returns to Dallas Market Center with twenty artisans from all over the world showcasing their wares and sharing their stories through their art. The exhibit, taking place June 22-25, will be held in the World Trade Center Atrium where buyers may purchase handmade jewelry, gifts, and home décor and get to know the artisans representing India, Uzbekistan, Laos, Guatemala, and other countries. The artisans are part of the International Folk Art Market (IFAM), the largest event of its kind in the world, taking place each summer in Santa Fe. Prior to the event in Santa Fe, a select number of artisans exhibit at Dallas Total Home & Gift Market. The IFAM Collection at Dallas Market Center is designed to honor and economically sustain the artisans, who are often able to secure year-round income based on their U.S. sales, creating a lasting economic impact on their communities. The show also gives buyers the chance to learn more about the intricacies of the artisans’ work, and to set themselves apart from the competition with specially curated product. On June 21, actress and fashion icon Ali MacGraw will be at Dallas Market Center to serve as honorary co-chair alongside Linda Marcus for the IFAM Collection preview party. A panel discussion with Ali MacGraw discussing global trends will take place during the show.
The Dallas Gourmet Gold Specialty Food Awards will be held on Friday, June 24 at 4 p.m. in the World Trade Center Atrium. The Gourmet Gold Specialty Food Awards celebrates exceptional manufacturers in the gourmet products industry exhibiting at Dallas Market Center. With more than 1,000 product lines of gourmet food and accessories featured across the marketplace including in the Gourmet Market in the World Trade Center and in the Temps at Total Home & Gift Market, gourmet maintains a strong presence at Dallas Market Center as resources in the category continue to expand. Judges for the event are:
· Maria Whitworth, Director of Marketing & Advertising, Edible Dallas Fort Worth magazine;
· Andrew Shipman, General Manager, Billy Can Can restaurant;
· Cullen Potts, Co-owner, Berkley’s Market
Special Events and Hospitalities
Events across campus will offer food, drink and fun for attendees plus moments of inspiration from experts. Highlights include:
Wednesday, June 22
· High Style Premiere Welcome Party: 10 a.m. on the 10th floor High Style collection.
· Antiques Premiere Welcome Party: 11 a.m. in Market Hall in the new Antiques collection.
Thursday, June 23
· Sip & See Design Tour in The Gallery: 3 p.m. on the first floor of the IHDC building
· Gifts & Decorative Accessories magazine sponsored panel discussion with editor moderating: 10am in the 12th floor Temps.
· Modern Luxury magazine sponsored panel discussion with editor moderating: 11 a.m. in the 10th floor High Style Temps.
Friday, June 24
· Antiques Talk with author, designer and collector John Phifer Marrs: 10 a.m. in Market Hall in the new Antiques collection.
Saturday, June 25
· Treat Trail with sponsored demo bar by Farrisilk: 1 p.m. on the second floor of the IHDC building.
A complete list of events is available via the Dallas Market Center website.
Spark Magazine: Summer Issue
More than 50,000 customers receive the latest issue of Spark magazine, the pre-market publication highlighting new exhibitors, trends, and insights from makers and influencers. The cover story focuses on new ways to buy and sell with a focus on social selling. Also inside the issue is a preview of the reimagined Temps at Total Home & Gift Market. Southwest inspiration includes the compelling beauty of Santa Fe style and the return of the International Folk Art Market Collection artisans. Fashionable spreads include the equestrian lifestyle—which is a nod to our AETA trade show in August; handbags that elevate the everyday to objects d’art; and on-trend womenswear with an escape-to-the-cabin theme. We spend time with Smallwoods, a family-owned business in Texas that continues to expand. We explore global lighting trends, unexpected artwork from our home and design showrooms, and enchanting gifts with alluring top notes. Finally, the issue provides tips on where to dine and what to see while visiting Dallas.
Unmatched Hotel Offers
Dallas Market Center partner hotels are offering new, lower rates to support buyer travel budgets. Dozens of hotels, many within walking distance of the campus, are offering updated rates as low as $119. Rates valid until 2 weeks prior to Market, based on availability and are subject to change at any time so please reach out to Market Travel online or by calling 214-744-7444.
Additional June Trade Events
In addition to the Total Home and Gift Market, other trade events this summer offer buyers a safe and welcoming marketplace. Events include Apparel & Accessories Market (June 14-17); Lightovation: Dallas International Lighting Show (June 22-25); and KidsWorld (June 22-28).
For upcoming markets, visit the Dallas Market Center website and download the Dallas Market Center mobile app. Also, keep up-to-date on all information by visiting Dallas Market Center on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the DMC Daily Dose.
About Dallas Market Center
Dallas Market Center is a global business-to-business trade center and the leading wholesale marketplace in North America connecting retailers and interior designers with top manufacturers in gourmet and housewares, home décor, holiday/floral, gifts, lighting and apparel. Inside its dynamic, five million square foot campus, nearly 200,000 customers from all 50 states and 85 countries seek industry trends, business education and new products from exhibitors throughout the year via dominant trade events for gift, home décor, holiday and floral; the nation’s most comprehensive apparel and accessories markets featuring the latest styles from East Coast and West Coast designers; the largest residential lighting trade event in North America; and the largest and most successful open-daily design center. The marketplace is located in the strongest economic zone in the country. In addition, more than 80% of Dallas Market Center buyers report that they do not shop other market centers. To make plans for upcoming markets, visit the Dallas Market Center website and download the Dallas Market Center App. Also, keep up-to-date on all information by visiting Dallas Market Center on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the Dallas Market Center blog.