Attendee Registration Opens
for 3rd Annual ArchLIGHT Summit
—September 19-20 expo and educational platform at Dallas Market Center attracts lighting designers, architects, specifiers and other design professionals—
DALLAS – April 20, 2023 – ArchLIGHT Summit, the growing lighting trade event and educational platform for the architectural, specification and design communities, has opened attendee registration for its September 19-20, 2023 edition. The annual event welcomes lighting designers, architects, interior designers, specifiers, and students to review new products and attend a range of CEUs from lighting and design/build thought leaders.
To register and view the full schedule of events, visit https://www.archlightsummit.com/attend.
Attendees will have access to dozens of seminars, discussions, and events offering timely and accredited sessions for lighting solutions, trends, and standards as well as dynamic interactive workshops. Access to the ArchLIGHT Summit show floor is complimentary, and a $50 flat fee will grant admission to an unlimited number of sessions to secure continuing educational credits (AIA and IDCEC).
ArchLIGHT Summit encourages and supports the attendance of students interested in commercial lighting and design fields with complimentary admission to the two-day event and educational sessions. ArchLIGHT Summit is also co-located with Dallas Design Week, providing additional CEU and networking opportunities for attendees of both events.
Said Cindy Morris, President and CEO of Dallas Market Center: “This incredible and important show continues to grow in reputation, exhibits, and programming. There’s nothing like it in in the industry, and the knowledge and connections made at ArchLIGHT Summit will inspire and empower attendees for years to come.”
· On Monday, September 18, Women in Lighting + Design (WILD) will host its popular welcome party the night before the show officially opens. WILD’s DFW chapter is also hosting a panel discussion on Wednesday, September 20 with three lighting designers who are also business owners, addressing topics of lighting design, work-life balance, and women-owned businesses.
· On Tuesday, September 19, HOK’s Ben Crawford moderates an AIA Dallas panel discussing the importance of lighting in public spaces. Panelists include 5G Studio’s Yen Ong, lighting designer Scott Oldner and Ryan Companies’ Dana Hamdan, who worked on the AT&T Discovery District project while at Gensler in Dallas.
· Also on Tuesday, Katherine Stekr and Carrie Hawley of HLB Lighting Design will discuss the complexities of color, science and design; Davidson Norris of Carpenter Norris Consulting will talk about daylighting in the context of the MTA’s Fulton Transit Center in NYC; and Matthew Fracassini of The Lighting Practice presents Factoring Sustainability into Your Firm’s Specification Process.
· Tuesday evening events open to all ArchLIGHT Summit participants include a Happy Hour sponsored by Casambi, plus the popular Lovers of Light traveling game show will make its first appearance in Dallas benefiting the IALD Education Trust.
· On Wednesday, September 20, AIA Dallas’ Latinos in Architecture group will present on the Light Bites Stage; and Hayley Kinlaw and Ryon Sommerer of AE Design will explain how to navigate budgets in professional lighting design.
· Wednesday programming includes student-oriented versions of an updated TM-30 color rendition demonstration as well as an interactive session on lighting controls with Shoshanna Segal of Hartranft Lighting Design, a workshop with Light Justice addressing lighting inequity in a local underserved community, and a presentation from the IALD Education Trust about the lighting design profession.
For the second year in a row, the September 19-20 ArchLIGHT Summit will overlap and co-locate with the National Association of Innovative Lighting Distributors (NAILD) Convention, scheduled for September 17-19, as well as Dallas Design Week, which welcomes hundreds of additional interior designers. Design Week attendees will have access to ArchLIGHT Summit’s show floor and hospitality events, but must register for any CEUs additionally. NAILD members must register separately for that group’s event, but will have full access to both days of ArchLIGHT Summit programming. You’ll find more information about the NAILD Convention at https://naild.org/naild-convention.
Partners for the 2023 ArchLIGHT Summit include: American Institute of Architects Dallas Chapter, American Lighting Association, Illuminating Engineering Society Dallas section, Light Justice, Lighting Controls Association, National Association of Innovative Lighting Distributors (NAILD), National Lighting Bureau, North American Coalition of Lighting Industry Queers, and Women in Lighting + Design international and local chapters.
Media Partners for the 2023 ArchLIGHT Summit include: Arc; ARCHITECT; Architectural Products; Architectural SSL; Commercial Construction & Renovation; Designing Lighting; Designer Pages; Edison Report; Energy Watch News; Furniture Lighting & Décor; “Get a Grip on Lighting” Podcast; Inside.Lighting; Light Director; LightNow News; and The Lighting Exchange.
Exhibit space at the 2023 ArchLIGHT Summit is still available, along with custom sponsorship and marketing packages to increase visibility. To reserve a 6x10 or 10x10 booth, visit https://archlightsummit.com/exhibit/.
For more information, visit www.ArchLIGHTSummit.com to sign up for show announcements, including when Attendee Registration opens soon. Follow ArchLIGHT Summit on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn for the latest developments.
For information on Dallas Market Center, visit our website. In addition to hosting ArchLIGHT Summit, the largest residential lighting show in North America, Lightovation, will take place June 21-24, 2023. Keep up-to-date on information about that event by following the Lightovation Facebook page and joining the Lightovation – Lighting Industry Discussion Group.
Programming will include full format CEU seminars as well as a “Light Bites” Stage on the show floor, offering shorter, TED Talk-style sessions. Event highlights include:
About Dallas Market Center
Dallas Market Center is a global business-to-business trade center and the leading wholesale marketplace in North America connecting retailers, interior designers, architects, and specifiers with top manufacturers in home décor, furniture, gifts, lighting and fashion. Inside its dynamic, five million square foot campus, nearly 200,000 customers from all 50 states and 85 countries seek industry trends, business education and new products from exhibitors throughout the year via dominant trade events for gift, home décor, holiday and floral; the nation’s most comprehensive apparel and accessories markets featuring the latest styles from East Coast and West Coast designers; the largest residential lighting trade event in North America; a new lighting event, ArchLIGHT Summit, for architects, specifiers, and designers; and the largest and most successful open-daily design center. The marketplace is located in the strongest economic zone in the country. In addition, more than 80 percent of Dallas Market Center buyers report that they do not shop other market centers. To make plans for upcoming markets, visit the Dallas Market Center website and download the Dallas Market Center and Lightovation Apps. Also, keep up-to-date on all information by visiting Dallas Market Center and ArchLIGHT Summit on social media.