The retailer-to-retailer conversations will be open exchanges to generate ideas for 2024 and educate attendees with knowledge and practical strategies to thrive. Its goals are to engage in candid discussions, gain practical insights, and network with industry experts and peers for strategies they can implement in their own businesses. This event promises to provide valuable knowledge and strategies to enhance success for retailers, whether they are just starting or are seasoned business owners.
“We invite all retailers to attend Speaking of Retail and benefit from these experts who are also strong business people and understand the front-line challenges retailers are facing,” said Cindy Morris, President, and CEO of Dallas Market Center. “Providing our market attendees with practical education is an important part of the market experience in Dallas.”
Speakers will include:
· Ashley Alderson, CEO and founder of Boutique Hub and Hub Inventory
· Alison Dodson Anderson, Owner of A. Dodson’s in Suffolk, VA
· Cherry Bernish, Sales Rep, In-Detail
· Courtney Garrigan, Co-Owner of Coco & Dash in Dallas, TX
· Teddie Garrigan, Co-Owner of Coco & Dash in Dallas, TX
· Heather Turner, Sales Rep, Portico Collection
· Crystal Vilkaitis, CEO, Crystal Media
Schedule of conversations:
• Wednesday, 9 am, WTC 192 - How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love My Reps - Join the discussion as Courtney Garrigan, co-founder of Coco & Dash, and Sales Reps Cherry Bernish and Heather Turner share the secrets of building strong and profitable relationships between retailers and reps. The conversation will focus on good communication, respect, expectations, and commitment and how they benefit your bottom line.
• Thursday, 9 am, WTC 192 - Are You Talking To Me? - Join Teddie Garrigan, co-founder of Coco & Dash and Crystal Vilkaitis, owner of Crystal Media in a conversation that will shed light on the powerful value of Instagram for small business. Learn how to find your Instagram voice, identify your community, and engage with customers so your retail business can grow.
• Friday, 9 am, WTC 192 - Growing Your Ecommerce From the Start - Chat with experts Alison Dodson, owner A. Dodson’s, and Ashley Alderson of The Boutique Hub as they share their strategies to take your e-commerce business to the next level. Learn how to meet your business goals by using different platforms, workflows, emails, and social media.
This event is open to all buyers and does not require an RSVP. Visit the Dallas Market Center website to view a full schedule of events happening at the Total Home & Gift Market, January 10-16.
To make plans for upcoming markets, visit the Dallas Market Center website and download the Dallas Market Center and Lightovation Apps. Also, keep up-to-date on all information by visiting Dallas Market Center on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the DMC Blog.
About Dallas Market Center
Dallas Market Center is a global business-to-business trade center and the leading wholesale marketplace in North America connecting retailers and interior designers with top manufacturers in home décor, furniture, gifts, lighting and fashion. Inside its dynamic, five million square foot campus, nearly 200,000 customers from all 50 states and 85 countries seek industry trends, business education and new products from exhibitors throughout the year via dominant trade events for gift, home décor, holiday and floral; the nation’s most comprehensive apparel and accessories markets featuring the latest styles from East Coast and West Coast designers; the world’s largest western marketplace, opening in 2021; the largest residential lighting trade event in North America; and the largest and most successful open-daily design center. The marketplace is located in the strongest economic zone in the country. In addition, more than 80 percent of Dallas Market Center buyers report that they do not shop other market centers. To make plans for upcoming markets, visit the Dallas Market Center website and download the Dallas Market Center and Lightovation Apps. Also, keep up-to-date on all information by visiting Dallas Market Center on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the Dallas Market Center blog.